Thursday, September 2, 2010

I realize that I kinda left y’all haging as far as how the end of my summer went. I put some thoughts from my journaling together to sum up my summer!

This summer was a whirlwind of greatness. When I emptied my bookbag onto my bed it was covered with blogs, journal entries, letters that I had received from friends, campers, staff, and prayer requests from campers and sermon notes. This summer was such a great experience! I learned a lot about myself and a lot of other things.

This summer God revealed an idol in my life and taught me a lot about putting Him first in all situations. It was a tough lesson but I learned a lot from it. I am also much more satisfied being single and I’m learning how to take advantage of the gift of being single. I also created a higher tolerance for bugs, dirt, and sweat. Along with that my view of my appearance has changed. I’m more comfortable being in a t-shirt with no makeup on and my hair in a ponytail. I’ve learned that I want to live a more active lifestyle with that including hiking. I’ve also developed a greater appreciation for creation and I want to spend more time in it. I also learned a lot more about myself and I feel comfortable enough to be put in any situation or any community and still be Brittany. One of the things that I was dreading this summer was middle school girls. I thought that I would like the young ones and the older ones but not the middle. I thoroughly enjoyed being with the middle school campers. I feel inspired to lead a middle school girls Bible study or get involved in the lives of some middle school girls. I also realized that I like 2nd 3rd and 4th graders better than the younger ones which has an impact on my major.

God put a lot of people in my life this summer; some for me to learn from and some for me to teach. It was a great summer and I’m so glad God led me there and that He did so much work at Asbury Hills this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment