Monday, November 29, 2010
I knew I loved Sugarland.
On my way back to school last night I was listening to Sugarland and when I was listening to the lyrics of their song “Fall into Me” I realized it parallels with my relationship with God so well. The lyrics say “Fall into me, my arms are open wide and you don’t have to say a word, cause I already see, that it’s hard, and you’re scared, and you’re tired, and it hurts, and I wanna be, the one you reach for first.” So often I’m quick to complain about things to others and not take it to God first. He does. He wants to be our best friend. He wants to be the one we reach for first and tell everything to. I think it’s so cool that we can be real and share raw emotion with God. I used to think that everything had to be happy and sweet but praise Him that it doesn’t. We don’t have to put on a show for God! He knows how we are really feeling because He is a sovereign God. Even more so, He knows how we are feeling because He has been in that same place. That’s the beauty of it; God sent Jesus to earth. Jesus put on a coat of flesh and lived life on earth. He was tempted and tried just like we are. He knows the ways of this world and He wants us to come to Him running because He understands. He knows it’s hard and scary and tiring. Just surrender all and run into His arms. He’s waiting with arms open wide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment