June 12, 2010
I’ve decided to use our blog to update everyone on how my summer is going at camp so far. In case some of you don’t know I’m working as a camp counselor at a Methodist camp called Asbury hills in Cleveland, South Carolina. We have had staff training for the past two weeks and we get campers tomorrow! These past weeks have been filled and I mean FILLED. I am now trained in first aid/CPR. I did a little archery, sling shooting, canoeing, zip lining on the new canopy tour, spent the night in the woods, saw a shooting star, learned how to contra dance, and seen a plethora of wild life since ive been at camp. The wild life includes grasshoppers, lightning bugs, snakes, frogs, fish, birds, bees, wasps, spiders, and to finish the list we saw a bear run across the road today! While canoeing I had to learn how to rescue campers if they tip their canoes. We ended the week with a debrief and commissioning which included communion and everyone getting their own rope bracelets burned together to wear for the summer to signify the unity of our staff. I’ve gotten closer to the staff and I’m excited for what’s to come. I know God has great plans for this summer and I can’t wait to see what they are! I do have some prayer requests if you feel inclined: this week high schoolers are coming! I need wisdom to know how to present the gospel to them and lead a life that reflects the love of the Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment